Sunday, August 31, 2008

Surprise Birthday Results

Thanks to someone for reminding me that I never did tell you about the surprise party. That's probably because the surprise was on me. Here's what I mean. All day Thursday I kept telling Katie that I was going to go and get the kids and come down and have dinner with her. Around 4:00 she fell asleep. At 5:00 two of her friends came down to give her some presents and wish her a happy birthday. So, while she was checking out her great gifts I look over at her slyly and said, "so, what if we go home and see the girls". To which she said, "ok". This was a surprise to me as all week she had begged me, almost hourly, to take her home to see the kids. Now I was telling her that she could go home and all she could say was, "ok."

Despite her tepid response to my unbelievable thoughtfulness, we had a great party. Kyle, Karen, Ava, the girls, Sawyer, myself and Sue all had a wonderful dinner followed by more family and presents. Cake and ice cream rounded out the night and then a hurried good-bye to get back to the hospital before the doors were locked (9:00).

Katie did a great job and handled all of the commotion splendidly, and everyone was delighted with how eaisly she was able to engage with them.

1 comment:

Kim Ferguson said...

this is so great to hear! What a blessing!