Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday afternoon

Therapy continues to go well for Katie. She seems to have more energy today, either because she is off of the muscle relaxer, or she's getting stronger. Probably a little of both. Here is what her schedule is.

6:30 - Shower (FYI, Katie chose this, not me)
7:30 - Breakfast
9:00 - 10:00 - Physical therapy
10:00 - 10:30 - Occupational therapy
10:30 - 11:00 - Speech therapy

11:30 - Lunch

2:00 - 2:30 - Recreational therapy
2:30 - 3:30 - Physical therapy

4:30 - Supper

Well, I'm exhausted from typing all that out, so I think I will take a nap now. Apparently the early bird special is popular here with the 4:30 supper!?! Needless to say, they keep Katie moving. However, Katie is very goal oriented, so she takes on most of her therapy with drive and determination.

One thing that has been difficult lately is that she is really wanting to go home. The hard part is, she thinks that it's my decision to keep her here and gets upset at me. Now I can handle her upset at me (we've been married 10 yrs and it's happened a time or two), I just hate to think of her in this condition thinking that I'm the one that's keeping her from home. One of my cousins from Michigan is getting us bar-b-que from my favorite restaurant (Famous Dave's, aka...Famous Davey's) and she was not happy that she couldn't go home and have some. At least she remembers Famous Dave's food!

All in all things continue to move forward nicely and we shouldn't be here too much longer!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Davey, I remember when our son, Graham, was recovering from Encephelitis and he got mad at Haverlee and I was thrilled! It showed me he really was getting better. The doctor told us his short term memory and imagination would be the last things to return.He was right. Wow, are we ever 'fearfully and wonderfully made!' I'm always blessed and encouraged when I read this blog.
Thanks for your faithfulness, Kathleen

padivan said...

There will come a time that she will understand all this better. Pieces will just start to fall together into a clearer picture for her. I am so glad to hear that she is doing so well!

Alysa said...

Hey Davey,
I continue to faithfully read your blog and pray. This is just SUCH a God thing. I'm about ready to write my own blog on this, to direct people to your site, because it has been such an encouragement to see, before our very eyes, God's miraculous hand on Katie's life. I think every believer needs to be reminded of this often. Hugs from Chicago, Alysa, Lenny's big sis (only in age of course!)

Anonymous said...

Dave and Katie! Praise the Lord!

Shirley, Steve and Zach W from League City say we have been praying for yu all from the beginning and have been soooooo blessed by the Mighty God who has worked many miricles for us all through you.

We will continue to pray and specifically for the reaffirmatyion of your vows to be in the place you have always done. I believe that she will be coming home soon!
PYL

SteveW
We go to Clear Creek Comm Ch with Chad and family.

Anonymous said...

Even if I can't spell........(:)>

Steve W

Anonymous said...

Davey and Katie,

We continue to pray. It is amazing to read about the miracle of new life God has given to Katie. Thank you so much for your updates.

I know you are very busy, but I was hoping you could add the Bloom family members to the "who's who" section of the website. Not everyone knows who your parents and siblings are... Thank you!

Rebekah Byrd (for Eric and 4 Blessings)