Wednesday, July 30, 2008

davey - wednesday noon

from davey:

Another good morning. PT was here and had Katie up walking again. This time they used a walker and she probably walked 30-50 feet with minimal help. One of the nurses said, "you should be recording this". To which I said that Katie would kill me. However, I decided that I can always delete it, so why not. And sure enough, as I'm taping Katie see's telling me to "stop it", and not in her nice voice.

I recorded the girls this morning on the video camera and played it for her. Big smiles all around as the girls were talking about mommy being healed soon (we pray for her every night and every morning). I've been slowly telling the girls more and more about mommy. So, they know that Katie has no hair, that she has a hard time remembering things, and that she has a hard time seeing. So far they've handled all the info very well. We even prayed for the skull piece last night. As of right now I'm planning on bringing them down a few days after her surgery. Please pray for that.

Speaking of surgery, Carlstrom was in a few minutes ago and said that everything is a go for around 2:00ish. He says that they keep looking for infection, but can't find anything. So, we get to be back in the first waiting room that we were in during her first surgery, and then we will be back up in ICU. Hopefully we will get to see some of the nurses that were with her the first go around. Most of them have been by to see Katie which is so neat. I'll give an update this afternoon after the surgery.

14 comments:

Dave Wilson, CCIM said...

Great news, buddy. We are in constant prayer today for Katie. Looking forward to a great report after the surgery.

God bless,

Dave Wilson

Laurel said...

We'll be praying for the surgery!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying right now as she is about to go into surgery.
Valerie Seals

Williams' Family said...

We continue to pray for Katie. Will be praying for her surgery this afternoon.

Stephen & Nicki Williams
EBC Alumni
WI

Eryn said...

praying in st louis, dave.

Anonymous said...

Praying for Katie and all the medical staff right now! To God be the Glory!

Roxanna
Houston, TX

Shawna said...

praying here.

paulette said...

Today reminds of a song by

Kathy Toccelli...

My life is in yours hands
My heart is in your keeping
I'm never alone as long as you are there I will lift up my voice and sing
Though I may not see clearly
cuz your love does amazing things
Lord my life is in your hands...

This is a short segment of the song

Praying for you... Holy spirit you are welcome in the surgery room

Anonymous said...

Praying the surgery goes well and for a quick recovery! May the Lord be blessed in the continuing days!

Dan, Andrea and Delaney Brandt
Colo. Spgs., CO

paulette said...

Hey Davey~

Does Katie know she is having surgery??

paulette said...

Davey~

I have a idea. Do you have any pictures of Katie while she's been in the hospital?? If not then you could take a few first then show them too the girls before they go to the hospital. The girls are little and showing up at the hospital not knowing what to expect could be traumatic for them just a idea..

Anonymous said...

We are praying for a miracle during surgery today and for Katie's complete healing!

Bryan & Liesl Dunlap

Charissa said...

we don't know each other personally but I am praying still!

Charissa
IA

Anonymous said...

praying praying. thankful that God is good all the time.
MOM and DAD, AZl