Monday, July 28, 2008

from mark

from mark (davey's friend, elder at TRC):

Davey asked me to write a little about an interaction I had with Katie on Saturday, but the interaction on Sunday was so much better I will tell you about it instead! When I went in the room and told Katie that I came to see her and pray for her, she opened her eyes and looked right at me and smiled. She responded with "uh-huh" to a few small talk questions, which was nothing new from Saturday. Some nurses came in to do some things and she started saying' "that's so funny" over and over again. I asked her what was so funny and she said, " it's so funny that...uh...ya know". Then she started to look frustrated and said something like, " I can't think of it." She was laughing most of the time she was talking. Another one of her lines was, " It would be cool if......" . Her mom, cousin Amy, and I tried to play the fill in the blank guessing game, but couldn't come up with the right answer. She was really working hard to express her thoughts to us. We can definitely see that the thought process is starting to work and that she is a little frustrated that she can't finish all of her thoughts. No amount of progress will surprise me, but I've never seen anything so amazing. I think we can safely say that the prayers for restored speech, vision, and thought is being answered! Praise be to God!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you and Meredith for the time you have invested in this blog. I worked with Katie, Kyle and Rod at CB and moved away recently. Checking on the blog and praying for Katie is one of my daily duties now. I think I've become a groupie.
Dr. Carlstrom removed a tumor from my mother's back and performed a lamenectomy on mine. He is an awesome surgeon. I believe he was also a military man and operated on one of the Presidents.
Praying from Rapid City, South Dakota - Leanne

Mrs.A said...

Have you given Katie pencil and paper yet? Sometimes while one mode of communication struggles to remember how to express ideas, another may remember. And your updates often indicate how expressively and imaginatively she is using her hands.

Rejoicing and praying with you all.

Jenny (and Merlin) Anderson
Webster City Bible Chapel
(We knew the Clarksons way back in the old Central Gospel Chapel days)