Monday, July 21, 2008

thoughts from meredith at 6am

from meredith:

my thoughts are scrambled at best this early in the morning, but i felt called to come and share my heart...so here i am. i haven't received any update from davey since last night...i know he was going home to spend some time with the kids & get some rest.

for those of you that couldn't make it to the prayer service, i wanted to give a little snapshot of what it was about. rob (pastor of TRC, elder w/ davey & life long friend of the bloom's) shared an update about where katie has come from & what concerns still lay ahead.

i will share these updates merely to give you a guide to what to pray for--you have to pinky promise to please continue to pray from the perspective of faith & hope. although this update below makes the natural perspective to want to think that things are grim, we already know that 'what is unseen is greater than what is seen' and we are to fix our eyes on what is UNSEEN (2 cor. 4:18-"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal").

-MRI scheduled for today(monday). doctors say katie has suffered from permanent brain damage, but they do not know to what extent. PRAYER FOCUS: continue to petition God for complete & total restoration of her brain & it's function. command life & regeneration of the brain & all it's functions in Jesus's name.

-the vessels in her next are crooked & twisted. some are weak, some are strong...it is a jumbled mess. the surgeron says he has only seen one other case that was this severe. there is no surgery to fix this--but he has seen a case where the vessels straighten out. rob said, "what can you bet that person was a christian and had something other than medicine working in their favor?" awesome God FAVOR! PRAYER FOCUS: continue to ask God for complete healing in this area of vessels in her neck. remind God that if He can move mountains, that He can straighten out a few vessels for our sister. (He loves to be reminded of His word-not that He forgets, but He delights in hearing his children speak His word...i can't find the reference for this verse, but i'll find it!)

the prayer service was emotional...but i would say it moved from sadness to hope throughout the service. we had some time of worship & then open mike time for those that wanted to share & pray. here are a couple passages that others shared.


psalm 32:5-8: "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."

eph. 3:14-21: "When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen."

john 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

psalm 63: "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary
land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.

Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

romans 8:15-17: "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."



there were many others that i didn't get written down. what is so amazing to me is that update that davey posted for sunday AM was right in line with how the mood changed in the service. if you haven't read that update, click here and then here.

i keep being reminded of that verse, "a prayer of a righteous man is powerful & effective." our thoughts, our quick prayers, our long prayers...they are all so effective in the restoration & healing of our dear Katie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura W. - ING (ex-employee of Dave) - Dave, my thoughts & prayers are with you, Katie and your families. God bless all of you. Your faith & strength during this time is powerful & infectious. I will continue to pray for Katie's complete recovery.

Ronda Gentosi said...

Amen! Amen and Amen!

Unknown said...

Thanks Meridith for the updates. My family and I are life long friends of the blooms, (davey and I were neighbors and best freinds growing up) and diligently praying for the family. I was in AZ visiting Jn and Ruth when the "Phone Call" came and since then been craving as much info as possible to see how God's will is going to be accomplished in this situation. Your updates are invaluable to our being able to know how to pray for the Katie and family so a big big thank you.

Tim Newcome Aiken SC

padivan said...

You don't know me...but I heard about the situation with Katie through a friend. I am praying for a full recovery. I live in Kansas City, MO. I have posted her name by my computer, every time I log onto my computer I will pray for Katie and her family.
~Diahanne V. (Friend of Laurel Smith)

Anonymous said...

My heart fills with such respect for your continued faith. Our Lord is truly working miracles...and it shows. From the daily progress that Katie makes to the way God works in the lives of those who are praying for her and your entire family Dave. Stay strong and please know I pray for Katie’s continued healing and strength for each of you. You’re in my prayers!
Sharleen and Brad Riemenschneider
from McCook, Nebraska