Saturday, July 26, 2008

saturday mid morning update

from davey:

No big updates for this morning, I think we wore her out yesterday, so she has mostly been sleeping peacefully. Dr's continue to monitor her progress and are pleased. Her blood pressure continues to be controlled with meds, so that is something you can pray for. She has a little fever/infection which is probably from a UTI because of the catheter (this is basically inevitable). So, some little things to deal with, but the nurses continue to comment on her strength when they go to bath her and change her sheets.

Speaking of the nurses. We could not be more pleased with the care that we have received here at Methodist. From the staff to the nurses to the Dr's we have had nothing but very positive interactions. It's like they took a course in customer service. We actually had a Dr ask us this morning if there was anything that we thought they were missing. I almost said, "Yes, have you considered pneumonoultrascopicsiliconvolcanoconosis as a possible cause for the fever?", but I thought that might be pushing the smart-ass envelope just a little far (and I've never done that huh Sue!?!).

Chad left this morning to return home to Houston. I can't say enough about the support he and his wife Mindy have shown to our family. Chad spent every night but one with Katie since her surgery. This made it possible for me to be with my girls every night which is huge. Of course both of our families have been amazing, from my mom and dad watching my kids to my brothers all leaving homes and coming up her on a moments notice. And now with Kyle and Karen moving in with us, its more than words can express. Not that I doubted for a moment that our families would act this way, its just humbling and exciting to see it actually happening.

6 comments:

Reagan said...

You do have an amazing family and it's so good to see everyone come together like they did.

I'm so glad Katie is getting the best she can get right now as far as her hospital staff goes. God is truly good.

liftedup said...

We continue to pray for Katie's full recovery and praise Him for all the miracles He's doing in her. When I think about all you're going through, it humbles me and helps put everything in perspective. Thanks for your testimony. We'll pray for your continued strength.

I Peter 1:6-7
In this you greatly rejoice even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Eric & Sara Sanger
Polk City, IA

Anonymous said...

Davey & Family...Katie's testimony has spread like wild fire. Family and friends all over the U.S. are praying for all of you. We are constantly lifting up Katie for healing and continued peace for you and the girls.
Jessica Branaman-Omaha, NE(past KBC camper)

JRandKara said...

I my name is Kara and I have come across your blog through my niece Miranda Arthur, I think I check yours as often as I check Trinity's:) I just want to tell you, you are an amazing dad,husband and man! You and your wife's faith and strengh amaze me! I just wanted to tell you,you are in our thoughts and prayers!! Stay strong and keep praying we have a great god and he will see you through!! Thanks for all your updates!

Kara Shearer
Montezuma Iowa

paulette said...

Good Afternoon Davey and Katie~

Davey I'm so proud of your boldness! Thank You..

Your boldness reminds me of what God has called us to be bold, because he hasn't given us a a spirit of fear,(What others might think)but of power if we miss it He will find us!

God knows that we cannot be perfect, so he sent a perfect sacrifice for us..

We can be bold as a lion by walking in authority he gives to us

We can be bold as a lion through our prayers

We can be bold as a lion in our faith

He has placed the boldness of Jesus inside of us..

Davey you are ROARING ABOVE YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES ..
Question where do we stand??

IS IT IMPORTANT TO TO BE MR.& MS.PERFECT CHRISTIAN? I'VE GOT IT ALL TOGETHER?I GO TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY I DO MY DUTIES NOT BECAUSE MY HEART IS TOWARDS GOD I DO IT BECAUSE I NEED TO FOOL EVERYBODY INTO THINKING I'M A GREAT PERSON PRETENDING TO HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER, WITH THE PERFECT LIFE WITH NO PROBLEMS THEN ACTING LIKE THE DEVIL BEHIND CLOSED DOORS SPEWING SCRIPTURES"I'M A GOOD CHRISTIAN PERSON ,PRAISE THE LORD THEN TREATING THOSES AROUND US LIKE THE DEVIL...


THE ONE PERSON WHO CAN'T BE FOOLED IS ARE FAMILIES, THOSE CLOSE TO US AND GOD. THEY LIVE WITH US EVERYDAY THEY KNOW WHAT WE ARE LIKE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.

I CAN SEE WHY FAMILY,& FRIENDS, CHILDREN,& STRANGERS,ARE RELUNDANT to draw closer to a God.. they Don't FEEL SAVE in the church, or at home, THE CHURCH isn't always been a safe place. Instead we PRETEND ABOUT ARE LIVES AND IT'S STRUGGLES. THE CHURCH HAS BECOME A PLACE TO CARRY ON THE TRADTIONS "ONE DOESN'T AIR THEIR DIRTY LAUNDRY A PLACE TO HIDE ALL THE SECRETS, AND PRETEND WE ARE PERFECT CHRISTIANS WITH ARE NOSES IN THE AIR THINKING WERE BETTER THEN SO AND SO AFTER ALL LOOK WHO I'M IN THE COMMUNITY ,LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY I GIVE,LOOK I CAN QUOTE EVERY SCRIPTURE IN THE BIBLE ESP. 'MAN IS AHEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD, AND WOMEN SUBIT YOURSELF TO YOUR HUSBANDS!! AS HE HOLDS THOSES AROUND HIM CAPTIVE.. L

i DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT FOR ME I WOULD RATHER BE IN A CHURCH WHERE I CAN FEEL SAFE.. BE REAL, AND THROW UP, AND BAWL ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON IN MY LIFE..


I WOULD RATHER BE IN A CHURCH WHERE I CAN TAKE THE MASK OFF .. STOP PRETENDING TO BE MS.PERFECT CHRISTIAN, TO REACH OUT TO TOUCH THOSES WHO HAVE BEEN KICKED TO THE CURB BY THEIR FRIENDS,FAMILY ,SPOUSES.. THOSES WHO ARE THE DRUG ADDICTS,PROSTITUES,HOMOSEXUALS,

A CHURCH WHERE THERE IS A
ALTER OF LOVE, GRACE, AND MERCY,AND FORGIVNESS.


Do I want to be set free in my thinking what others my think or say about? What I should look like, or be like?

or do I look to the one and only who say's I'm loved just because..

I don't know about you but I want to be that safe person that others can come to and see Jesus

Selah

Meredith said...

Chris S.
Katie - we love you without strings attached. You've wowed me with your strength & determination ,and your will to see God's glory revealed is infectious. Davey - I'm humbled by your spirit and your love for your wife. Your family is amazing the way they've come around you and Katie - you two are blessed beyond belief. Chad - you are a trooper for pulling all nighters. Rest-up boy! Klye - I miss your near kisses(for those of you wondering -What! - its a joke - you had to be there).
We continue to press forward and pray for complete healing and restoration. To God be the glory and may His face shine upon on us!
Love to all - "S"clan